- Thoroughly plan your website around serving the user.
- Design webpages that load quickly.
- Simplify navigation.
- Be consistent with fonts, colors and menu locations.
- Use plenty of 'white space'.
- Preview your website on as many different platforms as possible to eliminate bugs.
- Don't make pages too long - users don't like to scroll down too far.
- Keep graphics to a minimum to reduce load times.
- Carefully select color.
- Keep sufficient contrast between the text and background.
- Use fonts that are appropriate to your content.
- Keep line-length at a comfortable size.
- Don't overuse flashing/animated graphics.
- Write as shortly and clearly as possible.
- Put your best content at the top of the page.
- Break text into logical blocks.
- Provide users with a way to contact you.
Next : Free Website Templates